Action Launcher v26 arrives today. As with last month, it's another monster of an update.
Android O style Notification Dots, App Shortcut styling, notification previews, oh, and Google Now integration for all:
That's more than enough for a single update right? Not so!
For those that prefer numerical unread badges over Notification Dots, Action Launcher v26 also sees Unread Count graduate from its previous Alpha status, and expand support to all apps. Even better, you can now granularly control which apps display unread badges, and also use Android O's notification previews in conjunction with Unread Count:
Android O's widget picker has also been integrated:
For those keeping score, Action Launcher currently has full support for:
- Android O style Notification Dots including notification previews.
- Android O style App Shortcuts.
- Android O style animated clock icon and custom widget.
- Android O style widget picker.
- Google Now integration.
If you want all of Pixel Launcher and Android O on your device, today, Action Launcher is the answer.
The full change log for Action Launcher v26 is:
• NEW: Google Now integration for all! Requires installation of the Action Launcher Google Plugin application. • NEW: Full Notification Dots support! • NEW: Long-pressing an shortcut will display a preview of app's notifications and allow notifications to be dismissed ala Android O. Available when using either Notification Dots or Unread Count. • NEW: Unread Count support extended to all apps that have a current notification. • NEW: Android O style App Shortcuts panel. • NEW: Allow granular control as to which apps display Notification Dots/Unread Count. • NEW: Android O style widget picker, which displays all relevant widgets for a given shortcut. • NEW: Directly engage Action Launcher's Quickedit panel via a shortcut's long-press popup UI. • NEW: Dedicated "Icons & App Shortcuts" settings page, which is home to all icon related settings. • NEW: When Google Pill widget is on the left screen edge and Google Now integration is enabled, display a tinted edge background as per Pixel Launcher. • NEW: Option to adjust the scale of icon indicators. • NEW: Revamped interface for selecting the apps that are hidden from app drawers.
Action Launcher is available as free install via the Play Store.